Wednesday, April 2, 2008

ANGELA & RICHARD'S TEMPLE WEDDING

On Saturday, March 29, 2008, we were able to see our daughter, Angela and her husband, Richard Locker, have their marriage solemnized in the Jordan River Temple. The day started out with a little rain, and after the ceremony, it was sunny, but very cold and windy outside when we took a few pictures.
Angela was so beautiful (as usual). Richard was baptized in August 2006, and wanted to be married to Angela in the temple for time and all eternity. It was such a beautiful ceremony. Richard's Aunt Tami Combs came to be with him. Bob and I were the escorts for them. We were joined in the marriage sealing room by Angela's grandparents, Bill and Varda Barrett. Angela wanted to have a private ceremony, so we just had her aunts and uncles attending with us. Thank you, Joan for driving all the way from St. George to be with us. We also had Glenn and Stephanie, Brent and Ginger, Nancy and Bryan, and Julie and Jeff. Thank you all so much for being there to support us and to show your love for our family. We all appreciate it more than you'll ever know. It was such a special, sacred experience for us.
The ceremony was very special to begin with, but when Ian came into the room to be sealed to his parents, it just made it even more so. That smile on his face was so precious, and when he entered the room and kneeled with Angela and Richard at the altar, everyone in the room started crying (even the men--well, maybe?). We will remember this day forever, and we know that all of our family will be together forever!

2 comments:

Jeff and Julie's Family said...

Yes, I will remember that day always. I am glad we could be there to watch such a special day for Angela, Richard, and Ian. Angela looked so beautiful. She just glowed. Richard and Ian were beaming also. It was a fun and wonderful day.

Kirk and Joan said...

It was such a touching thing to see Angela and Richard and Ian all together. Yes - I cried, like everyone else. I was so glad I came. I've never actually seen a sealing like that in the temple before. It was a wonderful reminder of the eternal importance of our families. Thanks for letting me be a part of your special day.