Monday, April 13, 2009

FAMILY SAN DIEGO TRIP

On Sunday, March 29th, our whole family took our trip to San Diego. We flew on JetBlue. I was worried about us all getting on the flight, but we did...and we all got extra-legroom seats together. The flight was great, except for the fact that Angela, Anakhan and Azure getting motion sickness. Anakhan and Azure both barfed on the plane..Anakhan barfed on Angela, so she got sicker! Other than that, it was a great flight! JetBlue is great because everyone has their own TVs to watch.
Our flight left in the afternoon and we arrived into San Diego about an hour and a half later. We picked up the two rental cars, and finally got to our hotel early in the evening. We all just unpacked, and relaxed by the pool on Sunday evening.
On Monday morning, we all left for our first adventure to "LEGOLAND." That was such a fun day. We saw so many Lego creations all over the park. They had lots of rides that the kids enjoyed. What a fun place!
On Monday evening, we had to split up to different hotels. Angela and Richard stayed at Comfort Inn just a couple of miles away, while Monica and her girls stayed at the Residence Inn, where Bob and I stayed. Ian stayed in our room, because Angela and Richard's room was pretty crowded with the other kids. When we got back in the evening, all of the kids (including Richard) went swimming, most of us just relaxed in the hot tub.
On Tuesday, I had a surprise planned for everyone. (It was the only day I didn't tell them what we were doing.) That day we went on a "Hornblower Cruise" It was a trip into the ocean for a whale watching adventure. Richard called it our "water staring" adventure, but we did see lots and lots of dolphins, but no whales!
Right next to where we went on our "water staring" trip, Bob noticed that the "Midway" was there and he wanted us all to go and visit the same ship his dad was on when he was in the Navy when he was about 19 years old. (he is now 85!) He is one of the original plank owners. Not many of these guys who were in World War II are still around. That was great to visit the ship, and see what cramped quarters the crew members had to live and sleep in. When we got back in the evening, we had dinner and went to the pool again.
On Wednesday, April 1st, we all headed out for the SAN DIEGO ZOO!!! What a great day that was, too. The first thing we did was ride the zoo bus around the park, and then we went to see all of the animals. Some of our favorites we saw were the pandas, the meerkats, the elephants, both the African and Indian. In the afternoon, we watched a sea lion show, and the kids were hoping to get splashed on! One of my favorite animals is the peacock. I had gone in to a gift shop early in the day and bought a peacock magnet for my frig. I told Ariel that I hardly ever get to see them display their tail feathers, so I bought that just in case we didn't see one. Before we left, I saw a peacock and wanted him to display his tail feathers. I had heard that if they get frightened, that's when they do show off, so I got as close as I could with my camera, and sure enough he or she showed off for us, and we all got to see the beautiful colors on his tail feathers. We all had such a good time together that day, too. That evening, the kids hit the pool again!
The next morning, we all got ready for our trip home....and nobody wanted to go, but,we got ready for our flight back home on JetBlue, and got back in the early evening. We had such a wonderful family trip, and I don't think anything could've been better! Everything went so smoothly, and I think we will all remember this trip for a very, very long time.

No comments: